Saturday, May 21, 2011

Share the Love

Jumping into the "Share the Love" party over at


This is the love that I will share...

My son, Richard

 (Confirmation, Age 16)

He turns 18 in one week and he's graduating from high school in 9 days!

I can't believe how fast time flew since he was little!
It was yesterday he was in kindergarten and I was going to the first awards ceremony where he won "Computer Whiz Kid".

We had just moved into this house and he had just discovered Playstation. He spent many hours playing "Spyro the Dragon" back then and collecting Pokemon cards.

 (Last Memorial Day at Lane Orchards)

As the years went by, he traded video games for a guitar.


He was just named a Senior Superlative. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it's an honor and I think it has to do with
good citizenship.


The nomination came from a teacher he has done many
hours of volunteer work with.


He helps coordinate Red Cross blood drives and does sound
work for school performances.

As a theatre student, he performed in plays for local
 school children.


Obviously, I am very proud of my son. He's grown into quite a young man. He's funny, talented, personable and polite,
both intellectual and spiritual.

 (preparing for Senior pics last fall)

As an only child in need of playmates, he never met a stranger and was never too shy to make friends easily.

Now he works part time and is saving to buy his first car. He's planning to major in music in college. He manages his own band and hosts their rehearsals in our basement.


I know he will excell at anything
he most loves doing!


I see how driven he is to become a musician and I am slightly jealous that I didn't want some of my dreams that much
 when I was his age!


But I want all of his dreams for him as much as he does...

Maybe more.

(Richard, after his performance as "Hamlet", age 13 and my sister, Janet) 


I know he'll be in this nest a while longer but I still miss the little boy who played with trains, read Harry Potter and rode his big wheel down the driveway as much as I enjoy knowing
the grown up version of him!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations--what a handsome young man who has really had some great accomplishments! Thanks for linking up your post to my party--
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jen!!! How time flies from playing with trains, riding big wheels to now graduating from High School. Very bittersweet. :) Now he is ready for the next chapter in his life and I know you will be by his side every step of the way. :) Enjoy your celebratory weekend! XOXO,Jenn

    ReplyDelete