Happiness is finding a poster print you love on Victorian Trading Company for about $5.00!
Sadness is realizing that it's a weird size so you can't just pick up any old frame for it, and a custom frame would be really expensive!
Happiness is finding out today that you have that size frame in your antiques booth and no one has bought it! Plus, it's a real Victorian antique frame!
I gave it a coat of heirloom white paint to cover the previous owner's shoddy (not shabby, but shoddy!) paint job. I decided that the spray paint was too shiny so I covered that with craft paint in Magnolia white. The glass got cleaned really well.
Here is some of the detail of the frame.
I will probably take it to Michaels or another frame shop to add the backing and hanging hardware. The nails that came out of the back of the frame were 100 years old and I don't want to work with them!
I had to trim about 1/4 inch off each side of the print with my exacto knife. Now it fits perfectly and I can't wait to hang the picture!
This was a serendipitous happening! I love those!
About a year ago I found a vintage chandelier that I will hang in my dining room. As luck would have it, it was in a friend's antiques booth and the price was very reasonable so we both won!
The finish on the chandelier was black with gold trim but the details were gorgeous and it was covered with crystals.
I did not take a before pic but it was alot darker than I needed.
I have never painted a chandelier and whenever painting anything for the first time, I get nervous and this causes me to procrastinate!
I remembered this tutorial on Karla's Cottage. Karla Nathan can apparently paint anything easily and has many other tutorials on her blog that might be helpful if you are like me!
I had my helper! Miss Orangina Kitty.
I used the oil based spray primer and once dry, I glazed. I ended up not liking my glaze choice. I covered the chandy with white craft paint. I like that it looks coated, like it's been painted before, like it's old!
Here is a picture taken while I am adding the final coat of white paint and then the polyurethane.
Once painted, the brassy details look lacy. Perfect!
BTW, I sold the chandelier that I am replacing this with on Craig's List Friday night, a first for me. It worked out perfectly. My son and I disconnected the old chandy and this one is waiting to go in it's place.
I'll be doing a dining room reveal post soon to show off my new romantic wallpaper and this chandelier!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week of creativity and inspiration during this Easter Season!
Linking to Cindy at My Romantic Home