Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mom

It's pretty popular on Facebook to post a picture of your mom as your profile picture on Mother's day. Sadly, the only digital images I ever got of my mom were taken while she was really sick, right before she died.

My mother was a beauty. One day not too long ago, my sister said to me that our mom was really beautiful and that she and I were just pretty in comparison!


I decided to find whatever picture of my mom that I could for facebook that would show how lovely she was.

I found and "took a picture" of this picture since I have no scanner at home. This was taken by my dad and she was probably about 30 years old. Not a "stick" of makeup on! Beautiful black hair, eyes shining.

I'm not sure if my sister and I were even born when this was taken but this is how I will try to remember my mom, not as 72, not with cancer.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I miss you! We love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms I know!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jennifer, what a sweet story. And yes, you Mom is beautiful and you look just like her!

    Ciao bella,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete